Act 2 Update
Thank you to all of our Downtown family that have generously supported through financial or in-kind contributions for Act 2. As COVID-19 continues to impact our city, state and nation, we are taking advantage of the limited in-person activities at Downtown to move forward and address some of the of maintenance issues that had previously been identified and budgeted for within the scope of Act 2.
Please join us in celebrating the work to date on our beautiful church property.
- Carpet has been replaced, platform floor has been refinished, balcony protective railing has being installed and four handicap spots have been added to the Sanctuary floor
- Narthex rugs have also been replaced
- Playground equipment has been ordered, permits are being secured, and ground has been broken for installation
- Landscaping around the High Street, main entrance has been completed
- Office carpeting has been installed and the walls painted
- Wall drainage system has been installed and the wall repair / rebuild is underway
- Vinyl flooring has been installed
Many other projects are planned and some are on hold due to the interconnectivity with the pending decision for our HVAC system.
We are blessed and truly appreciate all of those individuals that have contributed their time and talents to help with these improvements and minimize our expenses to complete. Thank you!
What is Act 2?
Our year of listening, formally in meetings and informally in conversations, confirmed that the Downtown community loves Jesus, each other, and worshiping downtown in our sanctuary. These times of sharing also revealed opportunities to care for our history-rich facilities and support our journey to be Downtown for Good with two areas of focus: improved accessibility and greater hospitality.
Two teams of members worked closely with Downtown Trustees and Sherman Carter Barnhart Architects to identify 1) detailed maintenance needs and 2) possible redesigns and improved use of current spaces to make our Downtown facilities more accessible and hospitable.
Details of proposed work can be found in the brochure below. Photos of completed and continuing work can be viewed below as well.
Act 2 Brochure
The final proposed projects for Act 2, which reflect input from the entire congregation, are summarized in the brochure available here: